What do they do?

Centrelink manages a range of government payments and services for retirees, the unemployed, families, carers, parents; people with disabilities, Indigenous Australians, students aged 16-24, apprentices and people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.

You may be required to attend Centrelink to access some services or in order to receive your payments. If you’re not sure, talk to our team and we can help you find the right information.

As part of the services you receive, you may need to submit voluntary work verification forms or medical forms. These are submitted to and assessed by Centrelink.

Further information on Centrelink services

About myGov

When you visit Centrelink, they can help you set up your myGov account. This account helps you manage your services through one password.

myGov is a simple and secure way to access all government online services: this includes but is not limited to:

  • You can manage your own job search and attendance at activities
  • You can upload required documents and medical evidence to save you time visiting a Centrelink branch
  • Manage Medicare online 
  • Manage child care benefits and rebates online
  • Manage family tax benefits online
  • Access ATO services
  • Manage and view your NDIS plan.

You can also use it to update your details. Do it once through myGov and it will update in all other Government services linked to your account.

Sign in to myGovmy.gov.au

Log in

Having difficulty setting up your myGov account?

If you don’t have a myGov account, talk to us and we can help you set one up. Alternatively, the myGov helpdesk is open from:

Monday - Friday 7:00am - 10:00pm

Saturday - Sunday 10:00am - 5:00pm

Call the myGov helpdesk

Select option 1.

Contact our team

1800 603 503 FREE CALL