Access wage subsidies
A wage subsidy is a financial incentive of up to $10,000 (GST inclusive) to help your business hire new staff.
You could get 40 per cent of the total wage subsidy amount, four weeks after hiring a new employee, as long as all eligibility requirements are met and the job remains ongoing.
What financial incentives are available?
The amount of subsidy available will depend on the individual. We can talk to you about this once through an initial conversation as we begin to learn what jobs you have available.
- Restart – up to $10,000 for employees 50 years of age and over
- Indigenous Australians – up to $10,000 on commencement with an employment services provider
- Youth Bonus – up to $10,000 or $6,500 for employees 15 to 24 years of age
- Youth – up to $6,500 for employees 25 to 29 years of age
- Parents – up to $6,500 for employees who are a principal carer parent
- Long Term Unemployed – up to $6,500 for employees who have been registered with an employment services provider for 12 months.
All wage subsidies are GST inclusive.
Is my business eligible?
Your business is eligible for a wage subsidy if it:
- Has a valid Australian Business Number
- Has not previously received a wage subsidy for the same employee
- Is not an Australian, state or territory government agency.
What types of jobs can I offer?
Jobs can be full time, part time or casual. They need to be:
- An average of 20 hours per week over the six month period of the wage subsidy agreement
- Work that complies with employment standards for the position (for example is suitable work that pays as a minimum the national award wage).
(Apprenticeships and traineeships are also eligible to attract a wage subsidy)
The job you offer cannot:
- Displace an existing employee
- Be commission based, subcontracting or self-employment
- Be work for an immediate family member.
Who can I hire?
Your new employee must be registered with either:
- Transition to Work
- ParentsNext (Intensive Stream only)
- Disability Employment Services (Restart only), or
- The Community Development Programme (Restart only).