Disability Employment Services in Sydney
Disability Employment Services are available to people with disability to support them as they look for work. MAX delivers Disability Employment Services across New South Wales.
At MAX Employment, we listen to you to understand your needs and goals, as well as your fears and anxieties. We focus on achieving the best we can for you and make sure you feel valued. Our staff are on the ground in your community. We understand local needs - we build relationships with employers to connect you to suitable local jobs in Sydney.
We connect you with the support you need to find the type of work you want in Sydney
It’s important to find a Disability Employment Services (DES) provider that suits you. Our service is all about understanding you and your goals. We want to do more than find you a job, we want to help you achieve your career and life goals.
We’ll take the time to get to know you, understand your skills and abilities and what kind of support suits you best. Together we will come up with a plan to set you on a path towards the right job.
We’ll stick with you once you’re in work, continuing to assist both you and your employer. We go the extra mile to understand your new workplace and any potential challenges, so you have the best chance of success.
MAX Employment has offices in New South Wales (NSW), Queensland (QLD), Northern Territory (NT), South Australia (SA), Tasmania (TAS), and Victoria (VIC). In Sydney, we look forward to welcoming you to any of our local offices.
If you're living with an injury, illness or disability, and want to find a job, MAX can help.
• Support in finding potential careers or jobs that suit you
• Job application support including resumes, cover letters and interview coaching Introductions to potential employers and work placements
• Access to thousands of jobs with our national employer partners
• Access to in house health professionals including psychologists and physiologists
• Soft skills and role specific training
• Help with transport, tools and uniform costs
• Support in work
Find out if you’re eligible
To be eligible for Disability Employment Services, you must:
• Have a disability, injury or health condition
• Be an Australian resident, or eligible visa holder
• Be between 14 and 65 years old
• Be receiving an income support payment or disability support pension, or you are an NDIS participant or eligible school leaver.
• Be able to work at least eight hours per week
• Not be studying full time (eligible school leavers may be exempt, talk to us for details)
• Not be currently working at, or more than, your assessed work capacity.
If you are not sure if you are eligible, don't worry. Just contact us and ask.
If you are already receiving an income support payment, you could also talk with us directly to register with MAX.