The most populated city in Australia, Sydney sure has the hustle and bustle of big city life!
With big city, comes big responsibility. And luckily Sydney delivers!
Here's a salary snapshot of Sydney and jobs on the rise.
Average salary in Sydney (figures from SEEK)
From July 2012 to July 2016 the five year salary trend has risen by approximately $3,000 making the average salary in Sydney $84,784.
Highest paying jobs in Sydney:
- Information & communication technology (architects) - $137,438
- Engineering (management) - $135,902
- Healthcare & medical (general practitioners) - $134,495
- Information & communication technology (management) – $133,665
- Accounting (financial managers & controllers) – $132,220.
Salaries on the rise in Sydney:
- Mining, resources & energy: mining – exploration & geoscience - Average salary: $128,500 | Growth: 20% | Current competition: average
- Mining, resources & energy: mining – processing - Average salary: $128,928 | Growth: 20% | Current competition: high
- Health & medical: nursing – paediatric & PICU - Average salary: $79,432 | Growth: 17% | Current competition: average.
Fastest growing industry in Sydney:
The fastest growing industry in Sydney is Government & Defence with the average growth of +4% and average salary of $99,083.
Average salary snapshot – New South Wales
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter: $77,561
- Gosford, Central Coast: $70,621
- Sydney: $84,525
- Wollongong, Illawarra and South Coast: $74,927.