What is SIA?

Published by MAXSolutions on November 02, 2022
SIA team dressed colourfully smile and wave at the camera.


Earlier this year we announced our acquisition of Victoria-based registered training organisation the Stirling Institute of Australia (SIA).

Bringing SIA into MAX builds on our existing training offerings in industries closely aligned to us, such as allied health, and will provide additional areas of study for students.

We asked SIA Managing Director David Youssf some questions to get to know SIA a little better.


What is SIA?

“Stirling Institute of Australia is a Registered Training Organisation (TOID 21132) that offers learning experiences in the form of short courses and qualifications to local and international students,” says Mr Youssf. 
“We believe the best way to learn is to experience. As a team we have always been passionate about supporting the needs of every individual that enquires about a course, qualification, or industry,” he shares. 

What training does SIA provide?

“SIA delivers training to a variety of cohorts across metro and regional Victoria - we deliver across 40 locations in Victoria,” says Mr Youssf. 

Courses available include:

  • HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid

  • HLTHPS006 - Assist clients with medication

  • Manual Handling Training

  • AHCSS00074 – Agricultural Chemical Skill Set

  • 22484VIC – Certificate I in EAL (Access)

  • 22485VIC – Certificate II in EAL (Access)

  • AHC30716 –Certificate III in Horticulture

  • CHC30121 – Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care

  • CHC33015 – Certificate III in Individual Support

  • CHC43015 – Certificate IV in Ageing Support

  • CHC43115 – Certificate IV in Disability

  • CHC50121 – Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care

  • CHC52015 – Diploma of Community Services

  • CHC53315 – Diploma of Mental Health

  • HLT43015 – Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance

  • 10177NAT – Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy

SIA holds a Victorian Funding Contract which means eligible students can study and achieve a full qualification at a heavily discounted price.


Am I eligible for a funded training course?

SIA can provide funded training places in Victoria to:

  • Australian citizens

  • Permanent residents

  • New Zealand citizens

  • Bridging visa class E

  • Safe haven enterprise visa

  • Temporary protection visa

  • Bridging visa class F

  • Humanitarian stay (temporary) (subclass 449) visa

  • Temporary (humanitarian concern) (subclass 786) visa


How do I find out more?

Visit the Stirling Institute of Australia website to find out more about available courses and fees for both domestic and international students.

Stirling Institute Australia

Was this article useful?
Why did you choose Yes?
Why did you choose No?

Found this useful?

Help and advice

Our blogs are about helping people seek the information that they need for their steps in the workforce.