Adult Migrant English Program – AMEP
We deliver the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) in four regions across Australia in partnership with Navitas English, the largest provider of English language training in Australia.
About the program
The Adult Migrant English Program is an English language, literacy and numeracy program for new migrants and humanitarian entrants who have lived in Australia for less than five years. It gives participants functional English language skills to confidently participate in Australian community and work life.
Our qualified trainers will deliver courses in a safe and supportive environment so that learning is fun and flexible, taking into consideration an individual’s needs and circumstances.
The service is free, providing up to 510 hours of tuition by a government approved qualified educator. Depending on a client’s required level of support, pre and post tuition is available for improved learning outcomes.
For AMEP information and eligibility, please call 1800 021 560 or email email@example.com
Information about AMEP in other languages
The Australian Government Department of Education and Training provides information on AMEP in 26 languages covering: help to learn English, support with childcare, learner rights and responsibilities and personal information.
You can access the other language information flyers here.
To be eligible for the program you must:
- be in Australia
- not have functional English language skills
- comply with registration, commencement and completion time limits
- meet one of the following:
- hold a permanent visa
- hold an eligible temporary visa
- have previously held a permanent entry permit or permanent visa and are now an Australian citizen
- have at least one parent (if under 18 years) who has held or holds a permanent entry permit or permanent visa
- Clients should be over 18 years of age, however exceptions may apply.
Find your nearest location for AMEP